Uncomplete Guest Additions installation on Kubuntu 12.10

Hi, I just show you how to install Kubuntu 12.10 on a Virtualbox. By default, Kubuntu 12.10 does not equipped with Virtualbox Guest Additions. So, after we install it on Virtualbox we need to install the guest additions manually. I was trying to install Guest Additions on my Kubuntu 12.10 using the standard Kubuntu guest addition installation procedures. The result is as follow:

The guest additions is installed without problems but at the end of the message, I got a confirmation like this:

Unknown version of X window system installed. Not installing X window system driver

I installed guest additions on Kubuntu using the following method. Did I miss something here?.

Steps to install Guest Additions on Kubuntu 12.10

1. Open Terminal and install build-essential

sudo apt-get install build-essential module-assistant
sudo m-a prepare;

2. Now mount the Virtualbox Guest Additions. Go to Devices >> Install Guest Additions. Open Dolphin and open the mounted virtualbox guest additions medium. See illustration below.

guest-additions-kubuntu-1

3. Now, click autorun.sh and provide your root password to continue.

Maybe I need to wait until the new version of Virtualbox is released.

1 comments:

sudo apt-get install virtualbox-guest-x11

It seems that this will download, build, and install for you.