How to backup Proxmox Virtual Machine

I am currently manage a Proxmox Virtual Environment with many operating systems installed as Virtual Machine. Here I would like to share about how I backup the virtual machines on Proxmox server. I want to backup my virtual machines and store the backup on my remote NFS server. You can read how to build a powerful NFS Server on ClearOS 6.4 if you want.

OK lets get started

1. Add the Storage to store backups.

Login to Proxmox web console and click Storage tab

proxmox-add-storage

 

 

Now click Add button and select NFS Share. A new window will be opened. Enter the NFS server details here. Make sure you select Backups on the Content option.

proxmox-add-storage-1

Press Add when ready

2. Perform Backup

Click the virtual machine you want to backup and click Backup tab. Select the destination storage on the top right and press Backup button when ready.

proxmox-add-storage-2

 

proxmox-add-storage-3

 

proxmox-add-storage-4

 

OK thank you hope its useful.