Installing Virtualbox Guest Additions on Fedora 19

I just downloaded and installed Fedora 19 Beta on my Virtualbox. The installation went well and its pretty fast. The next thing is to install the Guest Additions on my Fedora 19. At the first attempt, I got an error message telling that no kernel match etc. But now, I can successfully installed Guest Additions on my Fedora 19 Beta. Now I can get this Fedora 19 full screen and seamless mode without problems.

Here are the steps to install Virtualbox Guest Additions on Fedora 19

Open Terminal and login as root and then install the latest kernel

yum update kernel*
yum install gcc kernel-devel kernel-headers dkms

Once those two commands completed, reboot your Fedora. On the next reboot, install Virtualbox Guest Additions.

 

Go to Devices | Install Guest Additions and it will automatically mounted and ask you for your root password. Enter your root password and press OK. Fedora will install the guest additions. Reboot Fedora after all.

guest-additions-fedora-19