Things to do after installing Xubuntu 12.10

Things to do after installing Xubuntu 12.10

On my previous post, I've posted 5 things to do after installing Kubuntu 12.10. Now, its time to post the similar 4 things to do after installing Xubuntu 12.10. Xubuntu has the same "core" with Kubuntu. The main difference is that Kubuntu is using KDE desktop while Xubuntu uses Xfce. Xubuntu is much lighter and faster compared to Kubuntu (at least on my computer..he he). OK, these are few things I do after I installed my Xubuntu 12.10.

These are things I do after installing Xubuntu 12.10

1. Install Adobe Flash Player
As always, I cannot get rid of Adobe flash plugin. This is an essential application for my computes. Adobe Flash Player is needed by Xubuntu to play multimedia content on a website, play flash enabled animation or video etc. Read how I install Adobe Flash Plugin on Xubuntu 12.10.

2. Install Multimedia Codecs
As well as Kubuntu or Ubuntu, Xubuntu does not come with non free codecs to play most audio and video formats such as MP3. So, we need to install multimedia codecs on Xubuntu. Read how I install multimedia codecs on Xubuntu 12.10.
3. Install Oracle Java (JRE) plugins
Java also plays an important role on my computing activities. And personally I prefer Oracle Java better than OpenJDK. So, continue to this post to see how I install Oracle Java and enable Java plugin on web browser under Xubuntu 12.10.
4. Install Skype 
Skype is my favorite VoIP application which lets me to make free phone calls to my colleges, friends, family, chat with them etc. Skype can be installed easily to Xubuntu 12.10. See how I install Skype on Xubuntu 12.10

1 comments:

thank you, really.