Running Ubuntu 12.10 on Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E125

Running Ubuntu 12.10 on Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E125

ubuntu-12-10-on-thinkpad-e125

I am still testing my new laptop using several Linux Distribution. Currently I am running the Beta version of Ubuntu 12.10 on my Lenovo ThinkPad Edge E125. I have been testing this laptop using Fedora 17 x86_64 and it works perfectly. You may want to read my confirmation about Fedora 17 works perfectly on Lenovo ThinkPad E125.

Ubuntu 12.10 run slower on this Edge E125 with standard configuration (2 GB RAM). Everything works but I feel its a bit slower compared to Fedora. I am not sure why this happened. The integrated camera, sound and display works but still slower. Based on Ubuntu, the ThinkPad E125 is the certified notebook to run Ubuntu 11.10 and Ubuntu 12.04. Now, I can add Ubuntu 12.10 to the list.

2 comments

As i commented on the article mentioning this previously, the throwback design cues like the mouse "nub" between the g/h/v/b keys need to be done away with, in my opinon. There can't be enough people still utilizing that feature when we have the trackpad and of course portable mice to replace it. The red cues tarnish the whole appearance
click this link
lenovo thinkpad x1 carbon

This is a great laptop except it was just released so if you're buying it now, it makes you an "early adopter" and pioneer to help Lenovo discover issues.I like very much all lenovo, Lenovo ThinkPad, Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon, ThinkPad, ultrabook lenovo.Because it,s look very beautiful and thinest.
lenovo thinkpad x1 carbon review