Create Kubuntu 12.10 Live USB from Windows

There are many applications to create Linux Live USB such as Unetbootin, YUMI, Linux Live USB Creator and some others. But on this case, I highly recommend you (the Windows users) to create Kubuntu 12.10 Live USB using Linux Live USB (LiLi). I have been testing to create Kubuntu 12.10 Live USB with Linux Live USB creator and I can enable the persistent mode on it. It’s a good applications for Windows users that wants to try Linux but don’t want to install on the hard disk.

Steps to create Kubuntu 12.10 Live USB

  • Open Linux Live USB (LiLi). You can download Linux Live USB latest version if you don’t have it. 
  • Choose your USB flash disk from the list. At this point, you must plugged your USB in already
  • Choose a source. It can be ISO, CD or you can directly download from the internet.
  • Set the Persistent mode. You can specify the amount of the persistent space by moving the slider.
  • Finally, press the lightning button to start create Kubuntu 12.10 Live USB.

This method has been tested by me and I can run my Kubuntu 12.10 Live USB with persistent mode. I can save my files and the settings on Kubuntu into the flash disk. Thank you I hope this post is useful for you.